Thursday, December 3, 2015

ChennaiFloods : { No joy can equal the 'Joy of serving/helping others' }

After “Nepal Earthquake” rescue/relief efforts; another task for me now is “Chennai Floods”.


I can say; “Twitter is a powerful medium and trends like #ICanAccommodate, #ICUNeeds (for medical emergencies) and #ChennaiRainsHelp #ChennaiRains #ChennaiFloods gave concrete information to people about which area they could expect help from, along with Hash-tags like #VolunteerForChennai to urge others to help”

December 1; when I got another chance to help people & that is for citizens affected by Chennai Flood. Started my communication via different channels (including Email, Call, Whats-app, Social-Media etc). Finally, within 1 hour I was able to connect with 12 teams working on ground for “Rescue & Relief” purpose.

I did the same process, as I did during “Nepal Earthquake”. Started receiving inputs, compiling them & then sending to appropriate rescue/relief team for frequent response. Withing 48 hours excellent response received to requests. Following are some responses, which gives us indication of Impact of efforts.


























Effort Continues , to assure more successful "Rescue/Relief" efforts !! Special thanks to Indian Army, Navy, NDRF, RSS & people coordination for frequent responses/results.


No comments:

Post a Comment